Anguished Michelle Dockery to Go Back-packing Around India, Aus

. . No comments:
They say parting is such sweet sorrow.

And, for actress Michelle Dockery, that was certainly true when she filmed her final scene for acclaimed ITV period drama Downtown Abbey.

Speaking to Red Magazine, the British star, 33, revealed that she felt physically sick during her last moments in character as Lady Mary Crawley.

'On my last day of filming, leading up to that final take, I felt sick,' she confessed in the latest issue of the monthly glossy.

'I didn’t expect to feel so sad. But I think it was a smart move to end the show where we did.

'At the wrap party, the producer did a speech and said, ‘now let’s party like it’s 1925!’ My feet have only just recovered from all the dancing.'
That said, she's also disciplined about not searching for stories about herself online - something she admits can ultimately be destructive.

'When people write about you, of course, you’re curious to know what they’re saying. It’s dangerous to keep doing it because you will find things that will upset you. It’s a slippery slope.

'You see it a lot: people googling themselves and going crazy. I still do it occasionally. Like my mum came with me to a BAFTA event and, immediately afterwards, I was on my phone because I couldn’t wait to see a picture of my mum on the red carpet.

'But it’s different now because I don’t care as much.'

In fact, she's so relaxed about things that she now wants to take a gap year.

'I never had a year out. Now I want to go travelling. I’ve never been to Australia. I’d love to go to India.

'I want to go backpacking. Or interrailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular News

Archives

Topics

Archive

Recent News

Visitors