A young mother-of-two died during a cosmetic surgery procedure in Miami-Dade Thursday.
Heather Meadows, 29, who had traveled from West Virginia, 'suffered medical complications' at Encore Plastic Surgery, Hialeah and was rushed to Larkin Community Hospital's Palm Springs Campus, where she died.
Hours later the south Florida surgery remained open, according to the Miami Herald.
The licensed clinic has no active complaints, according to health officials but the paper linked Encore to the death of a 51-year-old woman who died shortly after buttocks augmentation surgery in 2013.
The surgery was performed at Vanity clinic whose doctors, Orlando Llorente and James McAdoo, are also affiliated with Encore.
One woman who was scheduled for a procedure that morning said she cancelled after hearing about Heather's death, but the surgery was planning on going ahead with it.
Antoinette from New York told WSVN: 'They were calling me this morning to come in earlier to have surgery when they knew this happened.
'I'm not having surgery here. Are you kidding me? This is a chop shop.'
She said her surgery would have cost about $8,000 less than at other clinics. She has since been refunded her $4,000 payment.
Jessica McConnell wrote: 'You were a huge chunk of me. My very best friend. Your daughter will know how wonderful you were...
Your son and the rest of us will tell her. I will never let them down Heather, I promise you that. I love you.'
Your son and the rest of us will tell her. I will never let them down Heather, I promise you that. I love you.'
While Pastor Larry Roberts said: 'Such a tragedy that this happened to Heather. Will be praying for this family that I have know for many years. God bless Pastor Larry. '
But many still demand answers from Encore, who did not respond to Mail Online's request for comment Saturday.
Dr. Jose Rodriguez-Feliz of Miami Plastic Surgery told WSVN that Meadow's death is simply 'something that should never happen'.
Feliz added that there is a 'plastic surgery problem across Florida due to a lack of state oversight' and that any physician with a medical license can open a plastic surgery.
An investigation has since been launched by Hialeah Police Department who said they were currently treating the death as accidental.
The statement added: 'At this time, there is no evidence of criminal activity related to this tragic death.'
The statement added: 'At this time, there is no evidence of criminal activity related to this tragic death.'

No comments:
Post a Comment