The Secret Of Life: Be Happy And Keep Others Happy

. . No comments:

Throughout our life, we always crave more and more happiness, and yet more often it eludes us. There are some people who may be always happy in their life but surely I am not one of them. However,  I have learned to be happy simply by being grateful.  I am grateful to my relatives and friends who made me happy in my life. And of course, apart from my wife, daughter, and son, there are some people who have played a significant role in my life.

In my childhood, it was Pratap Bhai ( P.S. Kutlehria, retired Joint Secretary, H.P. Govt) who taught me by holding my finger. He had his schooling in Shimla and mine was in my village, Basantpur. Pratap was very handsome, extremely good-looking, and a lovely pal. Whenever I visited Shimla in my childhood, I used to stay at my most caring and affectionate Bua jee's home (Pratap mother)  and used to follow him blindly wherever he visited. Bua jee's house was in Shimla Middle Bazar and very close to the Shimla Mall Road. So we used to frequently visit Mall Road. Playing Billiard and Snooker was Pratap's  Bhai hobby. He would take me along to the Billard room near the famous Devicos Restaurant & Lounge Bar but never allowed me to play. I was so novice and could hardly learn the game. He was also a good skater and used to regularly skate in the Roller skating rink at Lakkar Bazar, and  Ice Skating in winter near Rivoli cinema hall. For me both games were a matter of curiosity. I wanted to learn but could never learn not even when I used to live in U.S. Club , Shimla, which is quite nearer to both the rinks. My friend Kanwar Shishu Patial was also a good skater and used to invite me to the ice skating rink.

Honestly speaking I used to shy away from crowded places and difficult conversations whereas Pratap Bhai used to enjoy such situations. My rustic upbringing and unsophisticated education drove me towards being timorous. And I always suffered from the inferiority complex in the presence of much sophisticated Pratap Bhai. He would speak fluent English and wore more sophisticated cloths than me.

Must admit that the colorful and sophisticated personality of Pratap Bhai had left deep marks on my mind and I could never emerge from that situation. It made me even more reticent during  my university days. My cousin O.P. Sharma, who was my varsity fellow and also had same background as that of me, was more extroverted. During my varsity days, my friend Rajiv Chanaa tried his best to make me extrovert. So was my cousin O.P. Despite his high status,  Rajiv never flaunted it and remained as simple as we were. I can never forget him though have lost touch with him for a long. Both O.P., and Rajiv would always make me feel happy. From my childhood till I got married, my cousin B.P. Sharma and his younger brother O.P. Sharma made me happy all the time. I owe much to bro B.P, He still continues to make me happy.   

The point is there are so many factors to determine whether U can be happy or not in your life. And your upbringing is one of the biggest factors. But still I can say that two things can keep you always satisfied if not happy. These are the acts of kindness and comliments. I have learned this from my close friend K.S. Tomar, who by sheer dint of hard work. He has risen from a simple rudimentary boy to don the post of Editor, Hindustan Times, and Chairman of Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission. By all means, these are the greatest achievements. His acts of kindness and complimenting made him rise and rise in life. 

Simply being grateful can give your mood a big boost. A recent study has found that practicing gratitude can have a significant impact on feelings of hope and happiness. As you go about your day, try to keep an eye out for pleasant things in your life.  

Even researchers admit that performing acts of kindness and compliments help you feel more satisfied. Giving a sincere compliment is a quick, easy way to brighten someone’s day while giving your own happiness a boost. You might be surprised by how good it makes you feel

Simply being grateful can give your mood a big boost, among other benefits. For example, a recent two-part study found that practicing gratitude can have a significant impact on feelings of hope and happiness. As you go about your day, try to keep an eye out for pleasant things in your life

.So friends be happy and keep others happy.

(Chander Sharma)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular News

Archives

Topics

Archive

Recent News

Visitors