Ludhiana: Amid loud dhol beats and bhangra, Satnam Singh Bhamara, who has scripted history by becoming the first player from India to be drafted into the NBA, was greeted by thousands of fans at the Guru Nanak Stadium on Friday. The excitement of awe-struck students of various government schools at the basketball stadium was palpable.
As Satnam stepped into the basketball court, the audience erupted into applause. Bhamara met the students and gave his autographs. He also performed bhangra.
Bhamara, who has been picked by the Dallas Mavericks, said, “What can a poor boy expect from life. I just wanted to get a decent job and lead a simple life. But fortune had something else in store for me.”
While addressing the youngsters in the stadium, Satnam said, “I have broken the glass ceiling. Now it is your turn to chase your dreams and enter the elite circuit of basketball.”
Sharing his success mantra Satta said, “I just had one goal. I kept striving to excel. For me it is just the beginning. My aim is the do well at the top circuit of basketball.”
As Satnam stepped into the basketball court, the audience erupted into applause. Bhamara met the students and gave his autographs. He also performed bhangra.
Bhamara, who has been picked by the Dallas Mavericks, said, “What can a poor boy expect from life. I just wanted to get a decent job and lead a simple life. But fortune had something else in store for me.”
While addressing the youngsters in the stadium, Satnam said, “I have broken the glass ceiling. Now it is your turn to chase your dreams and enter the elite circuit of basketball.”
Sharing his success mantra Satta said, “I just had one goal. I kept striving to excel. For me it is just the beginning. My aim is the do well at the top circuit of basketball.”

No comments:
Post a Comment